Follow step one to create a Custom Widget, or skip to step two for how to add a SilkStart Widget to your site page.
Related: What are widgets?
1. Create a Custom Widget (Video Below)
- Log in to your SilkStart admin panel.
- Navigate to Site > Custom Widgets
- Click 'new widget'
- Give your new widget a descriptive name. Add your widget content as text, or click the Source button and add your custom HTML.
- Save your widget when you are done.
2. Add a widget to your page (Video Below)
- Go to the custom page to which you want to add the widget. Click the orange 'Edit' button on the left side of your screen.
- If you want to add the widget to an existing section on your page, hover over the section, then click the gear icon. In the new dropdown, click 'Add a widget'.
- If you want to add the widget to a new section on your page, create a new section. Then hover over the section and click the gear icon. In the new dropdown, click 'Add a Widget'.
- A list of available widgets will come up. Select the widget you want to use from this list. Your custom widgets will appear at the bottom of this list.
- Save your changes to the page.
3. Change or update your widgets
- For Custom Widgets, go to Site >Custom Widgets. For SilkStart Widgets, go to Site >Configure SilkStart Widgets
- Click on the name of your widget.
- Make any changes that you desire.
- Save your changes.
- Updates to the widget will automatically be applied to all pages of your site that include the widget.
Please note that custom widgets cannot be deleted.