Occasionally, a member will need some help renewing their membership. Typically members will log into their own account and follow the prompts that appear on the screen to select their new membership type and complete payment online. If they unable to do this, you can also renew a member's account from the SilkStart admin panel.
These steps can also be used to grant a membership plan to someone for the first time.
How to renew a membership
- Log into your SilkStart admin panel.
- Click on Manage > Invoices.
- Click on the blue New Invoice button.
- For an individual membership, click on Person button and enter the member's name. For a corporate membership, click on Company and enter the company's name. If the individual does not already have an account in your system, click on Add a New Person to create an account for them.
- Under Paying For, select Membership.
- Select a plan. You may modify the price or expiry date, if necessary. Click Next.
- Choose a payment method. If you select Online Payment*, you can enter the member's credit card information to complete payment for the membership. If you select Create Invoice, the member will receive an invoice for their membership fees if you check the "Email Invoice" box. The member may pay the invoice online.
*Please note that Online Payment is not available for those using PayPal as the payment gateway.
Notes for multi-chapter organizations
- Membership fees will be sent to the level of the organization designated for the plan, regardless of whether the membership is processed from a chapter or from the parent organization.
- If the member is joining your chapter for the first time but is already a member of your parent organization, you may need to add them to your chapter's database prior to processing their membership purchase.