NEW! Did you know that we launched our very own collection of free stock photos for associations? Check out the gallery here!
The photos that you choose for your SilkStart site have a big impact on how your members and visitors perceive your association. Modern web design is increasingly using large, high-resolution images to make an impact with viewers.
Option 1 - Choose your own photos
Free Stock Photography
Collections of Free Stock Photography Sites
Paid Stock Photography
Option 2 - Let us choose your photos
How does it work?
Our team of talented designers and developers are happy to help select images for your new website. We can work with our stock photo sources to find images that will highlight what makes your association special, and entice new members to join. We will take into account your suggestions and ideas, and will choose photos that will meet the size and composition requirements for your SilkStart site. Our process is as follows:
- First, we learn about what is important to you. Your Account Manager will ask you questions like:
- How do you want your association to be perceived?
- What types of images would you like to see on your site?
- Are there any types of imagery that we should avoid?
Your responses, along with any other pertinent info about your association, will be passed on to our design team.
- Our designers will look through our preferred stock image sites for photographs that meet your criteria and will work well on your website. We look for factors like:
- Size of the image - will it be big enough to look good on your website?
- Image rights - can you use it in other commercial materials as well?
- Composition - will the picture fit well in the size we have allocated for it?
- Colour - will the image blend well into the site's overall look and feel?
With the photos we choose, our design team will begin filling in the image spots on your new SilkStart website.
- Once we've placed images across the site, we will present our choices to you for review. If you like the images that we've chosen, you simply approve the work. If you would like to see some changes, we'll ask you to identify which photos you want to change, and what you would prefer to see in their place.
- After revisions, we'll ask you to review and approve the site's photos again.