By default, when a new member joins, their privacy will be set to Open - visible to everyone. If your member directory is open to the public, their profile will be visible unless they change this setting through their profile. Members in your database can have one of three privacy settings:
- Open (visible to members of the public)
- Members-Only (visible to active members)
- Private (not visible in the directory)
Change the default privacy setting for new members:
- Log in to your admin panel
- Navigate to Settings > Apps > People
- Choose your selection from the drop-down that reads "Default privacy Setting"
- Save your changes.
Alternatively, you can let members choose their privacy settings during signup by adding the Privacy step to your customized enrolment flow. You can even limit what options they have to choose from.