SilkStart allows you to share access to your admin panel and control over your SilkStart site with other people on your team, by creating multiple administrator accounts.
Creating multiple admin accounts for different members of your team allows you to work concurrently on different parts of your site, and creates a history of your work and changes, in case you ever need to know who made a certain change, or who downloaded a certain file.
Freemium SilkStart accounts can currently only have 1 administrator. If you are interested in switching to a Premium SilkStart account, contact us to find out more.
Create a new admin account
- While logged in to an existing SilkStart admin panel, go to 'Manage' > 'People.'
- Search for the person who you want to make an administrator.
- If this person does not already have a user account, click on Add Person to create a new SilkStart account for this person.
- Select the box next to this user's name, and click on 'Make Admin.' This user can now log in and will have admin access to your site.
- After creating the account, click on 'Send Welcome' to send the new admin an email with their username and a one-time link they can use to set the password on their account.
Revoke admin status
Any administrator can revoke admin privileges for another administrator.
- Log in to your admin panel, and go to 'Manage' > 'People.'
- Search for the member who you want to remove.
- Select the box next to their name, and click on 'Revoke Admin.' This user will still be able to log into their account, but will no longer be able to access the admin panel.