It's easy to refund or cancel a payment made through SilkStart, or delete an attendee from your event. Refunding a membership or an event registration payment occurs through your payment processor, and member details and history can be updated through SilkStart.
Follow these steps to generate a refund for any payment type:
- Generate the refund through your payment processor's website
- Adjust the transaction and invoice in SilkStart
- Update your event capacity (if the refund is connected to an event with a limited capacity)
1. Generate Refund through Payment Processor
You must refund the actual funds for the payment using your Payment Processor. For more information on the steps for refunding a payment with a particular payment processor, visit these links:
2. Delete the Transaction and Invoice
When the original payment was initiated, an invoice and corresponding transaction were created in SilkStart. You may search for these in your Admin Dashboard by selecting the ‘Manage’ heading and then going to ‘Invoices’ and separately ‘Transactions’.
You must delete both the Invoice and Transaction to completely remove it from the system. Please first go into Invoices, find the item, select it, and then select the red garbage icon to delete it, then do the same for the corresponding Transaction.
*Note that deleting an invoice or transaction will NOT delete an event attendance record from a user’s profile (See step 3).
3. Remove Attendance Record
If you are refunding an event registration payment for an event that has a limited number of attendees, the event registration can also be cancelled (in addition to cancelling their payment) so that the event capacity reflects the member who is no longer attending.
- Navigate to the event and from the settings gear wheel, select Purchased Tickets.
- Locate the attendee you wish to delete and click the trash can icon in the far right column.
- Confirm your deletion. The attendance record should no longer show on the member's profile.
Feel free to contact us if you require assistance!
Hint: You can always update your event capacity by one member, but for reporting purposes, we would suggest removing the attendance record from the user's profile.