What is PayPal?
PayPal is one of the oldest and most trusted names in online payment processing.
How do I receive payments to my PayPal account?
- You must have a PayPal account and a Premium SilkStart account in order to connect with SilkStart. To create an account, visit www.paypal.com
- Once the account is set up and all banking information has been confirmed, find the API coordinates for your PayPal account:
- Log into your PayPal account at www.paypal.com
- In the Profile menu, click Profile and Settings.
- From the left menu, click My selling tools. If you don't see My selling tools select Website payments.
- In the Selling online / Website payments section, click the Update link for the API access item.
- On the API Access page, click Manage API credentials under NVP/SOAP API integration
- You may be prompted to perform an identity verification with the phone number on your account.
- Select Request API signature. Then, click Agree and Submit.
- Request to view the following information: API User Name, API Password, and Signature.
- Send this information to SilkStart. Email these details to your SilkStart Account Manager, or enter on the Payment Settings page in your admin panel (Settings > Payment Settings). Our support team will enter this information into your SilkStart account and notify you when this is complete.
For more information, see PayPal's instructions.
- IMPORTANT: One more step! This is to ensure that if a member's recurring payment goes through successfully, their membership will be updated and extended accordingly in SilkStart. Similarly, it's possible for a person to cancel their membership payment in PayPal. If this happens, you'll want SilkStart to cancel their membership too - this prevents people from receiving membership benefits without paying for them. In order to set up this safeguard, follow these steps:
- Log in to PayPal, and go to your profile page.
- Under Settings, find My Selling Tools. If you don't see My selling tools select Website payments
- Select Update for Instant Payment Notification.
- Enable the IPN by clicking on the orange Choose IPN Settings button.
- Enter the following into the URL field: https://secure.silkstart.com/payment/ipn
- Select the Enabled checkbox for Receive IPN Messages, click save.
- You are done! Send a quick note to our support team to confirm that you have completed this step.