What is PayPal?
PayPal is one of the oldest and most trusted names in online payment processing.
How do I receive payments to my PayPal account?
- You must have a PayPal account and a Premium SilkStart account in order to connect with SilkStart. To create an account, visit www.paypal.com
- Once the account is set up and all banking information has been confirmed, find the API coordinates for your PayPal account:
- Log into PayPal account.
- Go to My Account, and click on Profile.
- Look for My Selling Tools.
- Find API Access in the subsequent listing and click the update button.
- Select Option 2, and then click View API Signature.
- Copy the following information: API User Name, API Password, and Signature.
- Send this information to SilkStart. Email these details to your SilkStart Account Manager, or enter on the Payment Settings page in your admin panel (Settings > Payment Settings). Our support team will enter this information into your SilkStart account and notify you when this is complete.
- IMPORTANT: One more step! This is to ensure that if a member's recurring payment goes through successfully, their membership will be updated and extended accordingly in SilkStart. Similarly, it's possible for a person to cancel their membership payment in PayPal. If this happens, you'll want SilkStart to cancel their membership too - this prevents people from receiving membership benefits without paying for them. In order to set up this safeguard, follow these steps:
- Log in to PayPal, and go to the your profile page.
- Under Settings, find My Selling Tools.
- Select Update for Instant Payment Notification.
- Enable the IPN by clicking on the orange Choose IPN Settings button.
- Enter the following into the URL field: https://secure.silkstart.com/payment/ipn
- Select the Enabled checkbox for Receive IPN Messages, click save.
- You are done! Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm that you have completed this step.