What is MailChimp?
MailChimp is a powerful emailing tool that helps you connect with people.
Linking your MailChimp account with your SilkStart account allows you to sync contacts from your SilkStart segment lists to your MailChimp lists quickly, without needing to export and import any information. This allows you to easily use MailChimp's advanced tools, like split testing, automation, and advanced templates, while using SilkStart to identify specific groups of users and maintain up-to-date contact information.
How to connect MailChimp with SilkStart
- Sign up for a MailChimp account, or log in to your existing account. All levels of plans will work with SilkStart, though most come with a fee.
- Go to My Account > Account Settings > Extras > API Keys.
- Click on Create a Key. Copy your new API Key.
- Log in to your SilkStart account, and from the Admin panel go to Settings > 3rd Party Apps > MailChimp.
- Paste your API key, and click save. If your key is valid, SilkStart will show that MailChimp is enabled.
- Go to Communicate > Segment lists. Tick the box next to one or more of your SilkStart segment lists, and the option Sync with MailChimp will appear. Click this button to send these SilkStart contacts to MailChimp.
- Remember to sync your lists before sending from MailChimp.
- Syncing lists adds new contacts and updates existing contacts from SilkStart to MailChimp, but it does not remove individuals from your MailChimp lists.
- Members who have opted out of your emails through MailChimp will not be unsubscribed from your SilkStart mailing lists.
How to disable MailChimp
From the SilkStart Admin panel, go to Settings > 3rd Party Apps, and click on the word Enabled next to MailChimp. You will no longer be able to sync contacts to your MailChimp account.
You may need to contact MailChimp's support team if you wish to close your MailChimp account.
If you are performing a sync but your SilkStart contacts are not being reflected in MailChimp, double check that your MailChimp list does not have any Required Fields other than name and email address. These required fields are configured in your MailChimp account under the Settings > List fields and Merge tags. The required nature of certain fields unique to MailChimp will prevent the import from taking place. Un-check your extra required fields and try the sync again.