What is Stripe?
Stripe is a payment processing tool that has been very popular with small businesses, but works just as well for larger organizations.
How do I receive payments to my Stripe account?
- You must have a Stripe account set up in order to connect with SilkStart. To create an account, visit www.stripe.com.
- Press the Connect with Stripe button at the top of this page. You will be redirected to Stripe where you will be asked to log in to your Stripe account.
- Once there, continue to follow the steps provided by Stripe to fill out the necessary account information. After completion, you will be sent back to SilkStart.
- Upon returning, your Stripe Account ID should be displayed on the Payment Settings screen in the SilkStart Admin panel and your Stripe payment gateway should be active. If given an error instead, please contact our support team.
- From the SilkStart admin panel, check Settings > Payment Settings > Options to confirm that Pay Online has been turned on for each type of transaction you would like to accept online payments.
Users will now be able to complete transactions through your SilkStart site. Funds will be transferred from the purchaser's credit card to your Stripe account. Once the transaction clears, the funds are deposited to your bank account. It may take a few days for your bank to make these funds available to you.