What is Stripe?
Stripe is a payment processing tool that has been very popular with small businesses, but works just as well for larger organizations.
How do I receive payments to my Stripe account?
- You must have a Stripe account set up in order to connect with SilkStart. To create an account, visit www.stripe.com.
- Log in to your Stripe account.
- Go to Account > Account Settings > API Keys.
- On this page, you will find four codes: live and test versions of your secret and public keys. Copy the live secret key and the live publishable key.
- Log in to your SilkStart admin account.
- From the Admin panel, go to Settings > Payment Settings > Configure Payment.
- Paste your keys into their respective boxes. Click the Save button.
- If there is no space to enter the live publishable key on your SilkStart admin panel, email your live publishable key and the address of your SilkStart account to email@example.com.
- From the SilkStart admin panel, check Settings > Payment Settings > Options to confirm that Pay Online has been turned on for each type of transaction.
Users will now be able to complete transactions through your SilkStart site. Funds will be transferred from the purchaser's credit card to your Stripe account. Once the transaction clears, the funds are deposited to your bank account. It may take a few days for your bank to make these funds available to you.