What is Contactology?
Contactology is a powerful emailing tool that helps you optimize your messaging.
Linking your Contactology account with your SilkStart account allows you to sync contacts from your SilkStart segment lists to your Contactology lists quickly, without needing to export and import any information. This allows you to easily use Contactology's advanced tools, like split testing, automation, and advanced templates, while using SilkStart to identify specific groups of users and maintain up-to-date contact information.
How to connect Contactology with SilkStart
- Sign up for a Contactology account, or log in to your existing account. All levels of plans will work with SilkStart, though most come with a fee.
- Go to My Account > Account Settings > Extras > API Keys.
- Click on Create a Key. Copy your new API Key.
- Log in to your SilkStart account, and from the Admin panel go to Settings > 3rd Party Apps > Contactology.
- Paste your API key, and click save. If your key is valid, SilkStart will show that Contactology is enabled.
- In your SilkStart admin panel, go to Communicate > Segment Lists. Tick the box next to one or more of your SilkStart segment lists, and the option Sync with Contactology will appear. Click this button to transfer these SilkStart contacts to Contactology.
- Remember to sync your lists before sending from Contactology.
- Syncing lists adds new contacts and updates existing contacts from SilkStart to Contactology, but it does not remove individuals from your Contactology lists.
- Members who have opted out of your emails through Contactology will automatically be removed from these contact lists.
How to disable Contactology
From the SilkStart Admin panel, go to Settings > 3rd Party Apps, and click on the word Enabled next to Contactology. You will no longer be able to sync contacts to your Contactology account.
You may need to contact Contactology's support team if you wish to close your Contactology account.
Please sign in to leave a comment.