What is Google Analytics?
Google Analytics allows you to see anonymous information about how people use your website, including:
- What pages they visit
- How long they stay on your site
- What pages they're starting and ending their visit with
Linking Google Analytics to your SilkStart site is a great way to get real data about how people are using your site, what they want to know, and where you're losing them. Many organizations use this information to guide their content development and help focus their marketing campaigns. Most Analytics plans are free, so it's very easy to start using the tools.
How do I add a Google Analytics Tracking ID to my SilkStart site?
- First, you must have a Google Analytics account. Then follow these instructions to create a new Property and get the Tracking ID number.
- When you have your Tracking ID, log into your SilkStart admin panel.
- Click on Site > Website Settings.
- In the Analytics section, paste the full Tracking ID number. It should be a number like UA-0000000-1
- Save your changes.
Once this is done, every page on your SilkStart site will be tracked in Google Analytics. Analytics will start tracking your site right away, and you'll be able to see data in your Google Analytics admin panel within a few days.