What is Beanstream?
Beanstream is a popular payment processing tool that provides services to merchants across North America.
How do I receive payments to my Beanstream account?
- You must have a Beanstream account and a Premium SilkStart account up in order to connect with SilkStart. To create an account, visit www.beanstream.com.
- Log in to your Beanstream merchant tools.
- Click on Administration > Account Settings > Order Settings.
- Under the Payment Gateway section, find Security/Authentication.
- Turn on 'Use username/password validation against transaction', and create a User Name and Password in the fields below this option. Note: For security reasons, create a new username and password that is not related to your Beanstream or SilkStart account login.
- Click Generate New Passcode. Copy the API Access Passcode you receive.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click 'Update'.
- Send the API Access Passcode, as well as the User Name and Password you created, and your Merchant ID number to your SilkStart Account Manager.
- From the SilkStart admin panel, check Settings > Payment Settings > Options to confirm that Pay Online has been turned on for each type of transaction.
Auto Renewal: If your plans have auto renewal enabled, you must have recurring billing enabled in Beanstream. Please contact Beanstream directly to ensure that recurring billing is setup. In addition, please follow the important steps below:
- Log in to your Beanstream Online Member Area
- On the menu, click Administration > Account Settings > Order Settings
- In the Response Notification section, in the Recurring Billing field, enter the following URL: https://secure.silkstart.com/externalbeanstream/receive_notification
- Click Update to save your changes
Users will now be able to complete transactions through your SilkStart site. Funds will be transferred from the purchaser's credit card to your Beanstream account. Once the transaction clears, the funds are deposited to your bank account. It may take a few days for your bank to make these funds available to you.