SilkStart's fundraising tools let you create any number of campaigns that members or the general public can contribute to. To view all of your Active and Inactive campaigns, navigate to Manage > Campaigns in your admin panel.
Donations made to your campaigns are processed using the same payment gateway account as other payments. Please note, your payment gateways may have additional rules for receiving donations. Check with them directly if you have any questions about your eligibility.
How to create a new donation campaign:
- Ensure your Campaigns tool is enabled by visiting Settings > Apps > Campaigns.
- Set Permissions for your campaigns page (determines who can donate)
- In your SilkStart site, go to your-site.silkstart.com/campaigns
- Click on 'Create a new campaign'.
- In the Name field, give your donation campaign a name that donors will see. Donations to this campaign will also be tagged with the campaign name in your transaction reports.
- In the Summary field, provide a short explanation of what you're raising funds for. This is the brief description that will show on the main campaign page.
- In the Full Description, provide complete details about this donation campaign. You can add images, links, or references to supporting information using the rich text editing options.
- We recommend you upload a Banner Image and Directory Image. You can also add these images later.
- Under the Settings area, set the terms for this donation campaign. Options include:
- Tax Deductible* donation campaigns.
- Target for campaigns with a goal amount. This adds a progress bar to the campaign page, showing how close you are to your goal.
- Donation Button Text allows you to use different wording.
- Suggested Donation Amounts provide sample price points for a donor to choose from. List all options you want to offer, separated by a comma only. The $ character is not required. If you will allow donors to choose their own amount, also check the box for Allow Personalized Donation Amounts.
- Frequency* provides users with the option to donate amounts on a recurring schedule *Only available with Stripe payment gateway.
- Status allows you to suspend a campaign temporarily - for example, to put an annual giving campaign on hold during the year.
- Sort Order allows you to choose what position on the page this campaign will take. Lower numbers put your campaign higher up on the page.
How to re-activate an Inactive campaign:
If you have marked a campaign as Inactive, you can re-activate it at any time to have it re-appear on your campaigns page and accept contributions.
- In your admin panel, navigate to Manage > Campaigns
- Click the pencil icon next to the Inactive campaign you'd like to activate.
- In the campaign's Settings, change its status to Active.
- Save your changes.
*The selection/non-selection of the Tax Deductible feature will affect what a member sees when they download their tax receipt for donations from their profile. If you mark a donation as Tax Deductible, the amount someone donates will show as Tax Deductible on their donations receipt. If not, that amount will not be included in their Tax Deductible amount.