Categorize your Articles application to separate different types of publications like updates, news, etc. A new URL for each category can be used to easily direct members to the appropriate content.
Create a Category
- Navigate to yoursite.com/asset_categories and click Create an Asset Category
- Name your asset category and choose "Article" in the dropdown for "Type"
- Save your asset category
Add an Article to your Category
- Create a new article (from yoursite.com/articles) and choose a category from the Categories dropdown
- To see articles of that category specifically, navigate to yoursite.com/articles/category/category-name
- Replace "category-name" with the category you created earlier, replacing any spaces with dashes (-)
- Using the example above, the URL for articles in the Monthly Announcements category would be: yoursite.com/articles/category/monthly-announcements
- Add this URL to your navigation bar by following these instructions
- When on a specific article category URL, the search will only include articles in that category.
- When on a specific article category URL, the Featured Articles widget will only feature articles from that category.
- If you would prefer to no longer use your general Articles section, and ensure that all articles created on your site use a category, contact SilkStart Support!
- Only one category may be applied to each article.