SilkStart allows you to quickly get important figures on your membership data by calculating totals, averages, counts, maximums, and minimums from your report data.
Running calculations on your data allows you to quickly get important figures, without needing to export files or use any complex Excel formulas. SilkStart allows you to count, sum, average, and find the maximum and minimum numbers for different columns from right inside your Reports tool.
How do I make calculations on my data?
- Make sure that the column with the data you want to calculate by is shown in the report preview pane. If it is not, drag the column header in from the Additional Fields section.
- Hover your mouse over the column name, and a triangle will appear. Click this to see more options.
- Click on Summarize Field.
- Different options will appear, depending on which report and which column you are calculating. Select the calculation type that suits your needs, and click Okay.
- The report will refresh. Your calculation will appear in the top row of the column that you calculated. If your data is also grouped, a calculation will appear in the top row of every group.
- Once the report shows what you need, you can click Download to Excel to save a .CSV file to your computer.
- You can also save this report for future use. Saving changes to a pre-formatted report will create a new custom report - you will always be able to access the original pre-formatted report.
What kinds of numbers can I get from my reports?
SilkStart allows you to use the following terms:
- Count - the number of rows that match this criteria.
- Sum - the sum total of all numbers in the rows that match this criteria
- Average - the average of all numbers in the rows that match this criteria
- Max - the highest number in all of the rows that match this criteria
- Min - the lowest number in all of the rows that match this criteria
Note: Sum, Average, Max and Min are only available on columns that show numerical data such as fee amounts, membership term lengths, or numbers of members.