SilkStart tracks every transaction that is recorded in your system.
Every time that a member pays for their membership, purchases an event ticket, or pays an invoice, SilkStart records the transaction. Even if the member pays offline with cash or a cheque, SilkStart makes it possible for you to log the transaction so you can balance your books and keep members' accounts up to date.
Once a transaction has been recorded, it cannot be changed. Even if you change information about the membership that was purchased, the transaction remains consistent. This means that your financial history cannot be corrupted or damaged by changing members' plans or status.
To generate a report which will help you reconcile your accounts, log into your SilkStart admin account and go to Manage > Reports. Click on Create a New Report, and select one of the Financial Reports.
- Filter by Event and group by Payment Method to break down the ticket revenue from a specific event into online purchases and cash taken at the door.
- Drag the Tax column into the datagrid and Summarize Tax by Sum to show the total amount of tax to be remitted.
- Drag the Payment ID column into the datagrid and Group by Payment Method to more easily check individual transaction ID reference numbers against your payment gateway's reports
Creating new report templates
If you will need to use a certain report format on a regular basis, you can save the format of the report as a template that you can use again and again.
- Modify the report to your requirements.
- Click Edit next to the name of the report. Give the new report a name which describes the content.
- Click Create. Now you'll be able to load this report whenever you need to.