SilkStart allows you to embed video clips almost anywhere on your site.
To add a YouTube video to your SilkStart site:
- Go to the YouTube video page.
- Below the video, click on 'Share', and then on 'Embed'.
- Copy the embed code provided. You can also click on 'Show More' to adjust the options for your embedded video before you copy the embed code - for example, to change the size of the video, or to show or hide player controls.
- On your SilkStart site, find the page you want to add the video to, and open the page in editing mode.
- Click into the section where you want the video to go.
- From the text editing options, click on the 'Source' button, which appears in the top left corner of the editor.
- Paste the YouTube embed code into the source of your page, and click 'Okay'. Your video won't load right away - you'll see a placeholder box with the word 'IFRAME' instead.
- Save your page, and leave editing mode. Your video should load on the page.
When editing the page, you can make changes like aligning your video to the left, right, or center of the section, or adding additional content in the same space as the video.
Note: SilkStart does not currently feature tools to host videos; our tools require videos to be hosted elsewhere.