An anchor link brings you to a specific section of your page when clicked. This is commonly used for providing easy navigation in a long list of frequently asked questions within a single page, allowing users to automatically scroll to the desired answer.
Please note that anchor links are not applicable when creating an email campaign.
How to insert anchor links on a custom page:
- Navigate to the page you would like to edit and enter editing mode.
- Click into the section where you would like to display your list of links (these would be your questions if you are creating an FAQ-style page).
- Once you have your list of questions (or other text), begin writing your answers below the list.
- Move your cursor to the line below (or above) the title of your answer, and click the Anchor icon in the WYSIWYG editor.
Enter a name for your anchor:
Your anchor will be represented by a red flag:
- Scroll back up to your list of questions, and highlight the question for the anchor you just created.
- Highlight the question, and click the hyperlink icon.
- Under "Link Type", choose "Link to anchor in the text".
- Under the "By Anchor Name" menu, select the anchor you just created.
- Click OK. Your question text will now appear as a link.
- Save and Publish your changes to activate the anchor link. Clicking on your anchor link will automatically scroll the user's page down to where you placed the anchor.