If you need to refund an event ticket purchase, please see our instructions for refunding an attendee. If you don't need to perform a refund and only need to remove the attendance record, keep reading this article!
1. Delete the Transaction and Invoice (Ticketed and Conference events only)
When the registration for your ticketed event was processed, an invoice and corresponding transaction were created in SilkStart. You may search for these in your Admin Dashboard by selecting the ‘Manage’ heading and then going to ‘Invoices’ and separately ‘Transactions’.
You must delete both the Invoice and Transaction to completely remove it from the system. Please first go into Invoices, find the item, select it, and then select the red garbage icon to delete it, then do the same for the corresponding Transaction. If you need to issue the attendee a refund, please see this article for instructions.
*Note that deleting an invoice or transaction will NOT delete an event attendance record from a user’s profile (See step 2).
2. Remove the Attendance Record
If you are refunding an event registration payment for an event that has a limited number of attendees, the event registration can also be cancelled (in addition to cancelling their payment) so that the event capacity reflects the member who is no longer attending.
- Navigate to the event and from the settings gear wheel, select Purchased Tickets (for a Free event, choose RSVP List)
- Locate the attendee you wish to delete and click the trash can icon in the far right column.
- Confirm your deletion. The attendance record should no longer show on the member's profile.
Feel free to contact us if you require assistance!
Hint: You can always update your event capacity by one member, but for reporting purposes, we would suggest removing the attendance record from the user's profile.