When creating a ticketed event, you may want to offer an early-bird discount to those who purchase their tickets between a specific date range. You can easily modify which members get what discount, and when this discount is available to them.
Note: It is recommended to create at least four ticket tiers should you want to implement a standard early bird pricing rubric: two for members (early/normal) and two for non-members (early/normal).
- To create your early-bird ticket, click settings on the ticket row.
- Set the date range for early-bird ticket availability.
- To create your standard priced ticket, click settings on the relevant ticket row.
- Set the date range for standard ticket availability (probably starting after early-bird ticket availability ends).
- Customize the membership type that the particular ticket is available to
- Set dates that the ticket is available from
- Limit the amount of tickets one person may buy
- Add a Coupon Code
Notice that in this example these early bird tickets end on July 1st while the regular ticket prices are available until Aug 19
Depending on the time zone you choose when filling out the basic information for your event, ticked sales will begin at 12:00 AM on the start date chosen, and end at 11:59 PM on the day chosen to end sales.