This page refers to options available on Responsive SilkStart sites. For information and Look and Feel options on classic SilkStart sites, click here.
Log in to your Admin panel, and go to Site > Look and Feel.
SilkStart features a number of tools that you can use to completely customize the look and feel of your SilkStart site.
Choose the key colour for your site, using the RGB values for the colour. This colour is used as the background colour for your top toolbar, and for all headings on your site.
Header, Logo, and Favicon
- Upload your organization's logo: This will appear on the left side of your navigation bar.
- Logo display height and width: Scale your logo to an appropriate size. Note: Logo should not be taller than the nav bar.
- Nav bar height: Set the height for your navigation bar. If the nav bar and logo should be the same size, set the nav bar height to 16px more than the height of your logo.
- Favicon: upload a favicon, which will replace the standard SilkStart favicon on your site.
Social Network Links
Add social media links directly to the user toolbar, located at the top of all SilkStart pages.
Enter the address for any social media sites that your organization uses, and an icon for that site will be added to the user toolbar. Eg. adding http://www.twitter.com/SilkStart in the Twitter section will add a link to the SilkStart Twitter feed to all pages.
- Base font: The base font is used in most places on your site, including as the default font on your custom webpages and tools.
- Heading font: The heading font is used in titles, section headings, and on your custom webpages.
- Learn more about using fonts here!
Colours entered in these sections override the colour styles for different parts of your pages. If these fields are left blank, SilkStart will use the default system styles for your page.
Hover over the question mark next to each field to learn more about which parts of your site are styled by these fields.
Users who are familiar with CSS or Sass can use this area to fully customize the look of their SilkStart site. SilkStart compiles SCSS code entered into this field into CSS.
If you are comfortable with CSS, but not familiar with Sass, you can add CSS code into this area.
SilkStart will not explicitly override your custom CSS without your permission, however updates to the SilkStart system may change the names or layouts of elements on your site. For this reason, organizations that choose to enter their own custom CSS are responsible for maintaining their own code.
- Sign up button text: The text that will appear in the green button on your /join page.
- Member login text: The text for the login button on your site.
Choose whether you want to show a site-wide search box on all pages of your site.
- Footer widgets: By default, your footer will show contact details (pulled from Settings > Organization Information), upcoming events widget, recent articles widget and your Facebook. At anytime, you can use the drop downs to change what will show in each column of the footer.
- Logo: The footer logo is an inverted version of your logo that you upload at the top of Look & Feel.