Importing data is inherently challenging. For most associations, member's information has been slowly acquired over years from a variety of sources. When the time comes to import member data into SilkStart, many organizations find that their data files have inconsistent formatting, missing information, typos, and other formatting challenges that sometimes make it hard to see what info should go where in SilkStart. We recommend you give yourself plenty of time to review and revise during the import process.
Before we get started, please note:
- Our importer requires that you import First Name, Last Name and Email Address
- Your member's Email Address is their unique ID, all data is imported attached to the email address
- Importing a new Email Address will create a new profile in SilkStart
- Importing an existing Email Address will update the corresponding profile within SilkStart
- Dates must be imported in either YYYY-MM-DD or DD-MM-YYYY format, to avoid ambiguity.
- Before you import, ensure that you have configured your network
- Login to the Admin Dashboard
- Go to >Settings >Import Data
- Navigate to the top right and select Download Starter Spreadsheet
- Migrate your data into this template
- Navigate to the bottom right corner and select Next: Upload
- Select Choose File and upload the completed template
- Check if all the columns will be assigned correctly in the database and plans are entered correctly
- Re-upload the file if needed
- Import your data
Once your file is ready to be imported, click on the next button.
Alternatively you can contact us to assist with importing your Member database.