When do I need to cancel a membership?
If a member leaves your organization and wishes to terminate their membership, you should cancel the user's membership.
You do not need to cancel a membership if:
- A member is changing to a different membership plan - even if they already have a membership.
- A member has accidentally created two accounts.
- An admin accidentally added an extra membership term to a user's account.
How to cancel a membership
- Log into your SilkStart admin panel.
- Navigate to Manage > People, and search for the member's name. Open their profile.
- Click on the Membership Info tab.
- Click on Cancel Membership. You will be prompted to confirm this choice.
- To undo a membership cancellation, click on Remove Cancellation. The member will now be listed as expired.
What happens when I cancel a membership
When you cancel a user's membership, a number of changes are made to their account:
- If they were an active member, their membership expiry date is changed to the date that the cancellation took place.
- The user's status is changed from 'Active' to 'Cancelled'.
- The user will no longer be able to access parts of your site that are restricted to members only.
- The user will not receive invoices or reminder emails from SilkStart.