SilkStart requires specific information about your member organizations in order to create and send invoices. If you attempted to generate upcoming invoices and received an error message for any of your member organizations, this means that some of this information is missing for these members.
What information do I need to generate an invoice?
In order to generate an invoice, the company that you're billing needs to have:
- A name
- An employee who is listed as the Billing Person
- A current or previous membership plan
When an invoice fails, in most cases this is caused by the company not having a Billing Person.
Why does an organization need an Billing Person to receive an invoice?
SilkStart needs a real person to be responsible for every invoice. That person can receive the invoice by email, log into their SilkStart account, and pay the balance that's owing. Remember, companies don't log into SilkStart - members do.
The Billing Person is automatically listed when someone creates an organization, so most of your organizations will already have a Billing Person.
How do I add an Billing Person to an organization?
- From your SilkStart admin panel, go to Manage > Organizations.
- Search for the organization by name. Click on their name to open their profile.
- Click on the Employees tab.
- If the organization does not have any employees, add at least one employee to the organization.
- Select the Billing Person option for one employee in the organization. Only one employee can be listed as Billing Person at a time.
- Click Save to record your changes.
You will now be able to generate an invoice for this company.