At any point, you may change a member's membership plan/type, or assign a plan to a brand new member. This can be done manually at any point and gives you the flexibility to manage and adapt to your member's changing needs.
Changing a member's expiry date and/or membership plan using this method is not simply an edit to their current plan. Making a change will end the current membership and start a new one on the date you make the change, creating a new entry under the Membership History tab.
As well if a member has set up automatic billing making changes to their membership in this way will cancel their automatic billing. They will have to set this up again when their membership expires.
Please consider this before making any changes.
How to assign a new/different plan to a member:
- Log into your SilkStart admin panel
- Click on Manage > People (if the member is a company, click on Manage > Organizations instead)
- Select the user's name, and click on the Membership Info tab
- Select 'Change Plan' beside their current plan type
- Choose 'Membership Plan' > Change
If the member has a Current Membership Plan in good standing, it will display in the 'Current Membership Plan' field. If the user does not have a plan or has an expired plan, 'No Plan' will display in this field.