Invoices and Payments
Configure secure, online payment processing, and streamline your accounting process with SilkStart's invoices and transactions.
If your organization accepts online payments for memberships, events, job postings, or other items, all of your transactions are connected through your configured payment gateway (PayPal, Stripe, etc). SilkStart simply facilitates these transactions and lets the payment gateway securely store your members’ payment details.
- Decide what credit cards you want to accept by clicking the icons below where you entered your payment credentials in the admin panel. Learn more.
- Let your members choose whether they will pay for their membership, event ticket or job posting online with a credit card or by requesting an invoice. In the admin panel under Settings > Payment Settings click Options. Choose to offer the option of both, or restrict to one method of payment. *Only logged-in members may request an invoice for events.
An invoice is created for every transaction that occurs in SilkStart, and both can be viewed in the admin panel under the Manage tab. Invoices can be used as official receipts when emailed to your members. Learn how to configure your invoices with logos and custom notes.
- Create: Manually create an invoice to send out, or generate upcoming invoices for your expiring members.
- Pay: As an admin, you can manually record payment for a member’s invoice using offline or online payment methods. *Online payment through Admin Panel not available with PayPal.
- Send: Remind your members that payment is due! Locate the invoice under Manage > Invoices, and press Send.
Every time that a member pays for their membership, purchases an event ticket, or pays an invoice, SilkStart records the transaction. Even if the member pays offline with cash or a cheque, or the transaction is complimentary, SilkStart makes it possible for you to log the transaction so you can balance your books and keep members' accounts up to date. Learn more about how SilkStart helps you reconcile your accounts.
Create a financial report to reconcile your bank accounts, measure revenue from each type of member plan, generate a list of unpaid invoices, and more.
Quick Tip: Deleting an invoice for an event ticket purchase will not remove the outstanding balance from a user's profile. Learn more.
Want to learn more? Browse our entire collection of finance FAQs.