Showcase your members to offer networking and connection opportunities.
Your general member directory can be found at yoursite.silkstart.com/directory. Below are the various configuration options to customize what you, your members, and the public can see and do.
Who shows in the directory?
If their privacy settings allow, members will only show if they have an active membership plan (change this under Settings > Apps > Directory). Members can have one of three privacy settings:
- Open (visible to members of the public)
- Members-Only (visible to active members)
- Private (not visible in the directory)
Learn how to:
- Decide what membership types display in the directory
- Set a default privacy setting for all new members who join
- Decide what privacy settings users can choose from during signup
- Edit a member's privacy settings through the admin panel
- Troubleshoot if not all members are showing in the directory
Who can access the directory?
By adjusting your site's permissions, you can restrict your member directory to members-only, or have it open to the public. All permissions related to /directory are found under the "User" section in your permissions grid.
- "View User Listing" means someone can view your directory page
- "View User Details" means they can click into a member's profile to see their information
How do I search the directory?
In addition to a Quick Search, your directory features a search widget on the right-hand side that can be configured with any custom fields that you have implemented. Learn how to search for a member in the directory.
What member information is displayed?
Navigate to Settings > Apps > Directory to choose from the following options:
- Display member's plan name (if they have one)
- Display user's social media links
- Show full work contact info on profile page (pulled from a user's Work Address in their Basic Info)
- Any custom fields your association collects - contact us to activate!
Member profiles include a "Contact" button on the listings page. This is used for internal messaging within SilkStart, allowing members to connect while keeping personal email addresses private. This feature can be disabled for your entire network, or by an individual member for their personal preference. Learn more.
*If you prefer to only show company profiles, use yoursite.silkstart.com/companies - please note that configuration options for the company-only directory are not the same as those for the general directory.