Importing data is inherently challenging. Before we get started, please note:
- Our importer requires that you import First Name, Last Name, Email Address, Individual Member Plan, and Membership Expiry Date
- Your member's Email Address or Member Number is their unique ID, all data is imported attached to either the email address or the member number. Only use one of these fields in your importer to update existing members.
- Importing a new Email Address will create a new profile in SilkStart
- Importing an existing Email Address will update the corresponding profile within SilkStart
- Dates must be imported in either YYYY-MM-DD or DD-MM-YYYY format.
- Before you import, ensure that you have configured your network
Once you are ready to import member data follow these steps:
- Login to the Admin Dashboard
- Go to Settings > Import Data
- Navigate to the bottom right corner and select Next: Upload
- Select Choose File and upload the completed template
- Check if all the columns will be assigned correctly in the database and plans are entered correctly. If you get any errors then re-upload the file.
- Navigate to the bottom right corner and select Next: Import Data
The importer will import your data and provide you with any additional information about your import.
If you are having difficulty, you can contact us for guidance with importing your member database.