What is a plan?
In SilkStart, plans are used to facilitate each type of membership your organization offers.
Each member's plan makes them an active member for a specific period of time, with a start date and end date, and entitles them to specific benefits that you offer them.
- Log into your SilkStart admin panel, and go to Settings > Plans
- Click on 'Add an Individual Plan' or 'Add an Organization Plan'. Whats the difference?
- Enter the basic information - each plan requires a name, a billing type, and a fee. All other fields are optional.
Which Billing Type should I choose?
Billing Types define when your members' accounts will expire. What is an expiry date?
- If you want members to renew every month, choose Monthly.
- Expiry dates can be one month to the day from when the member signed up, or they can be the first or last day of the next month.
- If you want members to renew every year, choose Annual
- Expiry dates can be one year to the day from when the member signed up, or they can be the first or last day of the month that they signed up.
- If you want members to all expire on the same day of the year, choose Calendar
- The Renewal Date is the day that all members with this plan will expire.
- You can choose to prorate this plan, if you want members signing up later in the year to pay a lower fee.
- If you want members to renew at four intervals in a calendar year, choose Quarterly.
- If you want members to purchase a permanent membership, choose Lifetime.
What other options do I have when creating a membership plan?
- Tick the box next to 'Hide from Sign Up Page' to hide this plan from new members. Note: Members who have already signed up for this plan will still be able to see it when they renew their memberships.
- Create a short summary of the plan. This will appear on the Sign Up page, before members have selected their plan.
- Provide a more in-depth description of the plan. This may include a list of member benefits associated with this type, or restrictions for use of this plan.
- Choose whether you want members to renew manually each time, or if they should be able to set up automatic renewals. You can also make automatic renewal mandatory.
- Set a custom confirmation message. This message will be included in the automatic confirmation message that the member receives on completing their signup - it won't be seen by anyone who has not purchased this plan.
- Set up automatic reminder emails for members whose accounts are expiring. This message can be sent as often as you want before the member's account expires.
How do I delete a membership plan?
- Log into your SilkStart admin panel, and click on 'Settings', and then on 'Plans'.
- Select the plan that you wish to delete.
- Click 'Delete' in the top right-hand corner