To change basic information about your organization, including your name, address, and contact person, log in to your SilkStart admin panel and go to Settings > Organization Info.
What information can I change on this page?
On this page you can change:
- Organization name
- Street/Mailing Address
- Contact information for your CEO
- Name, email, and phone number for your primary contact person
- Support email address
- Tax number (if applicable)
- Name and email address that you'd like to automatic notices to be sent from
How are these fields used on my site?
Some of the fields on your Organization Info page are used to inform your members; others are for your SilkStart records only.
- Your organization name is used to on your homepage, all automatic emails, and a number of other places on your site. In places where a long name wouldn't fit, you can set a Short Name - eg. if "North American Free Trade Association" won't fit into a field, you can tell SilkStart to use "NAFTA" instead.
- Your address is added to the footer section on all emails that you send out using Email Campaigns. This is necessary to be compliant with the CASL and CAN-SPAM regulations.
- SilkStart may also use your mailing address to contact you.
- Search engines are able to read the description of your organization. Using this effectively may help your search engine rankings.
- Your organization contact's Name and Email tells SilkStart who we should talk to at your organization.
- The Support Email is the address that your members can use to ask you for help with their memberships.
- The Contact Form Email is the address that will receive any inquiries sent through a contact form on your site.
- The Default From Name and Address are used for all automatic emails sent from your SilkStart site. If you enter an address that is monitored by your team, your members will be able to contact you directly by replying to their automatic confirmation messages.