If a member of a Group expires or is cancelled, they will not be explicitly removed from the group. The member will:
- No longer show on the list of group’s members
- Not be included in the group's member count
- Not be able to comment on posts
- Not receive notifications about posts by other members
Note that the member may still have access to the group's content. This means that once they renew and are in good standing, they will be automatically reinstated to the group like before.
How can I ensure that expired members have no access to Groups at all?
To limit group access to active members only, you may adjust your overall permissions for the Groups application tool in your Permissions Grid:
- Log in to your admin panel and navigate to Settings > Manage Permissions
- Ensure that "Logged In Users" (which includes expired members) and "Not Logged In Guests" (members of the public) do not have access to “View Group Listing” or “View Group Details”