Member numbers allow you to differentiate quickly between different members of your organization. It's typically easy to manage members in small organizations, but as more members join, it can be helpful to be able to look up members by their unique number, rather than by name or email address.
Turning on member numbers
By default, SilkStart does not show member numbers for your members. This can be changed by a SilkStart admin. Contact SilkStart Support to start using member numbers. Please indicate the following:
- Should member numbers be applied to individuals, companies, or both?
- Should member numbers be visible to your members?
- Should member numbers be assigned to Active members only, or all users?
- What should the starting number be? (based on this, numbers will increase sequentially (+1) with each new member)
If your members already have unique numbers:
Given that member numbers are turned on by your account manager, when you import your initial member database into SilkStart, you may include existing member numbers to be added to user profiles. Note that member numbers must consist of digits only - no letters, spaces, or special characters. You may have to convert your organization's previous member numbers to a format that SilkStart can accept prior to importing your data.
For each new member who signs up online in the future, SilkStart will automatically give them a unique number, starting with the lowest number not already assigned to another person. The default starting number is 1; however, this can be changed by contacting SilkStart Support
If your members do not already have numbers:
Given that member numbers are turned on by your account manager when you import your initial member database into SilkStart, you may either:
- Indicate specific numbers for each member in your spreadsheet prior to import (using digits only!)
- Have SilkStart automatically assign a number to each imported member. The default starting number is 1, but this can be changed by contacting SilkStart Support
For each new member who signs up online in the future, SilkStart will automatically give them a unique number, starting with the lowest number not already assigned to another person.
As an admin, where can I see member numbers?
Once enabled, member numbers can be viewed in a column under Manage > People (for individuals) or Manage > Companies (for organizations). Member Numbers can also be added as a column to most reports.
As an admin, can I edit member numbers?
Admins do not have full control over editing member numbers. This is to ensure that no duplicates are created, as the number serves as a unique identifier for each member. If you have questions or concerns about your member numbers, please contact SilkStart Support.