As an admin, you have the flexibility to customize a group's content posting permissions based on membership plan. For example, you may wish to grant lower-tier members read-only access to a group's items, while higher-tier members can post new items in the group.
Adjust content permissions:
- Navigate to yoursite.com/groups
- Click on your group of choice
- Click "Edit" from the right-hand Actions panel
- Click the "Permissions" tab
- Select or de-select permissions for different user types to control what kinds of items they can post in the group
- Save your changes
In the example pictured below, users who can see the group but are not yet a part of it may not post any items. Group members with a Bronze Plan may post Discussions, Images, and Documents, but not Videos, Polls, or Links. Group members with a Silver or Gold Plan may post any kind of item.
- "Not Yet a Member" is defined as someone who is not yet a part of the specific group, but may be able to see its contents. This includes members who are expired, or who have no membership plan, given that groups are designed for active members only.
- If a user type does not have permission to post a specific item, they may still be able to view the items in the group. Check your group's Visibility settings for further control.
- These content posting permissions will not affect the ability of a member to download a file that is available on the group's page.