SilkStart allows you to create Ticketed, Free, External, and Conference-type events to display on your calendar. Members can register and pay for events directly through SilkStart. Learn more about the different types of events.
From your Events Page (yoursite.silkstart.com/events)
- Choose 'Create a New Event' from the top right corner and select your type of event (Ticketed Event; Free Event; External Event; Conference)
From the Admin Panel
- From the administrative side, click 'Manage'.
- In the new sub-menu, click 'Events'.
- At the top right, click the 'Create a New Event' button.
- Choose one of the four options: Ticketed Event; Free Event; External Event; Conference. Learn more about the different types of events.
The Event Form
- Add Your Event Details
- The name and location.
- Start and end date/times.
- If your event has a logo or banner, you can upload the image file directly to your event.
- Choose the event category
- Hide attendee list let's you keep your attendance list private
- Open registration allows non-members to attend
- Tickets for Event (if applicable)
- Create different tickets to members and non-members
- Make coupon codes and give discounts
- Limit the number of people that can attend
- Customize the signup form
- Welcome your Attendees
- Choose to use the default confirmation email, send no notification, or customize the message for this event
- If using the customizable option, see our available merge tags to add to the message
- Remind your Attendees
- Decide whether or not to remind ticket purchasers
- Customize an email to remind them about the event
- Choose when to send it, and how many times
- Advanced Options
- Expand this tab to add information tabs and configure other options:
- Display event details above ticket pricing
- Hide location
- Hide sharing/bookmark buttons
- Show contact button
- Hide from calendar
Click "Create" when you are finished making your event.